Thursday 12 August 2010

a useful intrusion

google street view has caused quite a bit of controversy since its inception, what with people not wishing to have a picture taken of where they live, and the need for blotting out faces, mainly for making embarrassing photo captures anonymous. that said, i found a really good use for it today.

i was going to send a letter, but the number of the house completely evaded me. its funny because i could picture the house in my mind, and even know what the next door's house looks like by and large, but the number? well, heck no. however! street view allows me to see the house as i remember it, but with the number marked somewhere nearby. good-o!

i'm still disappointed that they didn't catch my cat bumbling about outside, when the google vans trundled past my home home.

No comments:

Post a Comment